Recently at a Dragon Society International Seminar, Certified Instructor David Hansford released his thorough and detailed martial science research of the Parasympathetic Nervous System and how it affects the heart and other organs of the body.
We were all blown away with this 'cutting edge' information to say the least.
Grandmaster Tom Muncy said...
"This is GREAT!. This is some REALLY good stuff every martial artist needs to learn."
But before we go into what is in the book and DVD set, let's first go over what exactly is the Parasympathetic Nervous System and why martial artists need to learn about it.
It is one of the three main divisions of the autonomic nervous system (ANS). The ANS is responsible for regulation of internal organs and glands, which occurs unconsciously. To be specific, the parasympathetic system is responsible for stimulation of "rest-and-digest" or "feed and breed" activities that occur when the body is at rest.
Its action is complementary to the other main branches of the ANS, the sympathetic nervous system, which is responsible for stimulating activities associated with the fight-or-flight response.
You got that so far? Okay, hang in there. You're doing great.
Sympathetic and parasympathetic parts of the nervous system (nerves in the body) typically function in opposition to each other. This natural opposition is better understood as complementary in nature rather than resistant.
Here's an example. Think of the sympathetic as the police, or first responders and the parasympathetic as the court system.
The sympathetic typically functions in actions requiring quick responses. The parasympathetic functions with actions that do not need immediate reaction.
Yeah, yeah. So what does all this mean for a martial artist, combat expert, and self defense extraordinaire like you?
Let's put it plainly. Learning from Hansford's Book and You will get all the juicy details of EXACT SCIENCE on how to manipulate your attacker's nervous system to have the 'upper hand' with your favorite self defense technique in an altercation.
So what can you learn from David Hansford and some cameo appearances by Grandmaster Rick Moneymaker in this Book and DVD set?
Here's my top 7...but there are so many more.
* What is the Sympathetic and Parasympathetic and why you need to know the difference between the two.
* What is Fa Jing and why it is the secret to energy transfer and styles like 'iron shirt'.
* How the Central Nervous System works and the ways to dismantle your attacker in ways you never thought of before.
* What points 'speed up' the function of the organs, which ones 'slow things down' so you are not 'working against yourself' in your self defense.
* The most vital pressure points to 'take out' someone three times your size with ease and accuracy.
* What is 'blood profusion' and why every martial artist out there, regardless of your style, needs to know how it affects your striking ability.
* Learn one of the most easiest facial knockouts by Rick Moneymaker that takes a 'quarter of a second' to pull off.
The DVD is over 60 minutes of instruction to bring you up to speed on the extensive research David provided to the seminar attendees. It features hands on examples and demonstration and a look at seminar students practicing with a partner.
If you love studying martial arts and self defense science and pressure points, Parasympathetic Attacks to the Heart is one to definitely add to your library.
On Sale Products
DSI Starter PackageSale!
Mastering Tae Kwon DoSale!
Isshinryu Karate Complete PackageSale!
Devastating Pressure Point KnockoutsSale!
Martial Arts Secrets RevealedSale!
Isshinryu Karate Masters Series PackageSale!