DRAGON SOCIETY INTERNATIONAL FALL CONVENTION
October 23 to 25, 2020
Professors Rick Moneymaker & Michael Patrick Welcome You
"Attend the DSI Convention and join an elite group of Martial Artists working to take their training to the next level. Spouse give you a hard time when you want to attend a training event? Bring them with you. We are family friendly. The family will have a great time while we train!"
Download and share the flyer with your friends and students!
ALL NEW: Virtual Live Stream
For those unable to make it to the convention in person or concerned about COVID-19, we will offer the Convention online for all 3 days at only $100. You can watch from your laptop, mobile phone, tablet, or other device.
[mp-timetable col="51095,51096,51098" events="51094" time="1" sub-title="1" description="1" user="1" row_height="45" font_size="" increment="0.5" view="dropdown_list" label="All Events" hide_label="0" hide_hrs="0" hide_empty_rows="1" group="0" disable_event_url="0" text_align="center" text_align_vertical="default" id="" custom_class="" responsive="1"]
Researcher and instructor in Chinese acupuncture theory – as applied to the martial arts and is a High Dan Board member of the AKBBA. Tom Muncy has been in the martial arts for 48 years and has attained numerous honors and awards including Judan, 10th Degree Black Belt in Torite Jutsu. Hachidan, 8th Degree Black Belt in Okinawan Kempp. 6th Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do. 5th Degree Black Belt in Aikibudo. Doctor of Martial Arts Degree and inducted into the World Martial Arts Hall Of Fame. Grandmaster Muncy is also an avid practitioner and teacher of QiGong and Tai Chi.
Rick Moneymaker has earned the “Man Of The Year Award” presented by the World Martial Arts Hall of Fame, recognized by the International Society of Headfounders/Headfamilies as a 9th Degree Black Belt and Soke of TORITE JUTSU, awarded the Golden Lifetime Achievement Award and the Meijin Award presented by the directors of the International Shurite Yudansha-Kai. Inducted into the International Karate and Kickboxing Hall of Fame and inducted in Combat Magazines Hall of Fame.
Rick Moneymaker is also a High Dan Board member of the AKBBA and has appeared in five nationally published magazines and five international magazines.
Grandmaster Moneymaker has taught on the International Seminar circuit for over 20 years.
During his competition career, he won 25 Black Belt Heavy Weight Championships and 1 Grand Championship.
He has had the honor of Instructing numerous members of the Military, Police and Private Security Officers for over 20 years.
Ranks & Certifications:
- Kudan (9th degree black belt) Torite-Jutsu
- Kudan (9th degree black belt) Okinawan Kempo Karate-do
- Rokudan (6th degree black belt) Tae Kwon Do by American Black Belt (March 25, 2000)
- Godan (5th degree black belt) Isshinryu Karate-do
- Yondan (4th degree black belt) Aikibudo
- Nidan (2nd degree black belt) Japanese Goju-ryu Karate-do
- Level 2 Reiki Therapist
Awards & Recognition:
- Co-Founder and Grandmaster of the DSI
- Head Instructor and Co Founder of the TO-RI Karate Institute
- Author of Torite Jutsu Reference Manual.
- Author of the Torite Jutsu Technique Manual.
- Doctor Of Martial Arts Degree.
- Featured in ‘Who’s Who in Karate”
- 2000 International Instructor of the Year by the American Federation Of Martial Arts Hall Of Fame
Mike Patrick has a diverse background in both practical reality-based personal defense and Martial Arts.
He began his Martial Arts training in a small dojo (karate school) in East Tennessee. It was so small it was even named “Hole-In-The-Wall Dojo.” The training was traditional Isshin-ryu Karate with a heavy focus on basics and kata (forms).
Upon becoming only the second student to earn a Black Belt in the dojo, he began to add to his training with a variety of Martial Arts. Though, never leaving his original focus of Isshin-ryu, he was able to incorporate elements of Modern Arnis knife and stick fighting, kobudo (traditional Okinawan weapons), Tai Chi Chuan, and more, to the Isshin-ryu Karate that he was working so hard to master.
In time, his instructor, Max Jones, recommended that he continue his training with Allen Wheeler who was very involved with adding Pressure Point knowledge to the Isshin-ryu system. As fate would have it, Grand Master Wheeler invited Grand Master Rick Moneymaker to begin teaching a series of Master Series Seminars at his Knoxville dojo. Mr. Patrick attended one of those and was immediately ‘hooked’ on Torite Jutsu.
After the seminar, Mr. Patrick approached Grand Master Moneymaker and inquired about books and materials to help him learn the art. At the time, the only sources available were Acupuncture books and charts. From these, Mr. Patrick acquired quite a library and invested a lot of his own money to travel and learn from the Dragon Society International. Grand Master Moneymaker agreed to take him on as a long-distance student and through many seminars, phone conversations, letters, and such, Mr. Patrick eventually became proficient in the art of Torite Jutsu.
After a few years, Grand Master Moneymaker invited Mr. Patrick to Texas to a DSI International Convention as a guest instructor. It was at this Convention that Grand Masters Moneymaker and Muncy awarded Mr. Patrick the coveted title of Master and Certified Instructor in the art of Torite Jutsu.
From that time on, Master Patrick has worked tirelessly to enrich as many students as he can reach with the art of Torite Jutsu. He has taught internationally at seminars and conventions, published books, produced videos, and more to get word out to enrich as many people as possible.
Because of his early training within the DSI and the lack of published materials, Master Patrick fully understands the challenges of learning an art such as this and the great cost of collecting the necessary books, travel, and not to mention difficulty of digesting the information. It is this awareness that led him to become one of the first DSI Instructors to publish a range of books and videos on the art. In his videos and seminars, Master Patrick is fond of taking a technique and spending hours explaining and demonstrating the intricacies of the technique in what the DSI calls “Players to the Game.”
Participants at his seminars often remark at not only his depth of knowledge, but also his ability to translate complex techniques and principles in a warm, friendly, and often humorous manner which sets all at ease and provides a great environment for learning.
Since that time, Master Patrick went on eventually earn a 6th Degree Black Belt from his instructor Allen Wheeler in the art of Isshin-ryu Karate, earning the title of “Master” in that art.
He has been recognized by both the World Martial Arts Hall of Fame as well as the United Karate Systems of America Hall of Fame for his accomplishments in the Martial Arts and was inducted as “Instructor of the Year.”
To continue his passion for protection of others and his desire to give them the ability to defend themselves and their families, he founded a system called Personal Defense Tactics which he has taught to individuals of all ages and abilities. This system eventually evolved into a more robust system through his partnership with Rick Moneymaker. Together, they developed a new system, known as CombatiX™ which is the practical application of their many years of experience in testing what works in real world environments. These techniques have been taught to and studied by individuals from a number of law enforcement agencies and military groups.
What makes his research different is his earnestness in testing what he teaches. In CombatiX™, the motto is “If we don’t test it, we don’t teach it!” So many Martial Arts instructors take what they are taught for granted without questioning its origins. By testing these techniques, he was able to determine what worked and what didn’t. Only those techniques that really work are kept and form the core of CombatiX™.
Moreover, he added Firearms training to his skills. After studying the methods of various instructors, he came to realize that many were not compatible with the affects of Body Alarm Reaction. This lead to the development of the CombatiX™ shooting platform which is integrated with the universal platform, leading to a consistent and cohesive system. Today CombatiX™ is continuing to spread and being met with enthusiastic reception in both the Martial Arts and tactical communities.
His videos and books have gone throughout the world and thousands of students have been enriched by his efforts.
Mike Patrick is available for seminar instruction and is willing to travel anywhere in the world to share his expertise. He would love to speak with you and help you and/or your students or officers to continue your training and take it to a new level.
- The application of the laws of Acupuncture / Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) as they relate to the Martial Arts sciences.
- “Players to the Game” as they are applied to techniques including, waveforms, harmonics, TCM, Body Alarm Reaction (BAR), etc.
- Bunkai (Application) of the Kata, Forms, Poomse, Hyung, etc., regardless of style or system.
Ranks & Certifications:
- Grandmaster of Torite Jutsu Karate.
- Grandmaster in Isshinryu Karate.
- Certified Professor in Torite Jutsu by Dragon Society International.
- 8th Degree Black Belt and Certified Instructor in Isshin-ryu Karate.
- 7th Degree Black Belt in Okinawan Kempo presented by Grandmaster Rick Moneymaker (9th Dan) and Tom Muncy (10th Dan).
- 7th Degree Black Belt in Torite Jutsu presented by Grandmaster Rick Moneymaker (9th Dan) and Tom Muncy (10th Dan).
- 7th Degree Black Belt by AKBBA.
Awards & Recognition:
- Over 30 years of experience in the Martial Arts.
- Inducted into the World Martial Arts Hall of Fame as the Instructor of the Year in 1999.
- Inducted into the United Karate Systems of America Hall of Fame.
- International author of a series of instructional DVD’s for Dragon Society International such as Players to the Game Volumes 1 & 2, Waveforms, Enhancement & Retardation, and Torite Joint Locks.
- International author of a series of instructional books for Dragon Society International including Advanced Martial Science Volumes 1 & 2, Foundations of Martial Science, and the Pressure Point Atlas.
- Internationally published author of a number of articles in various Martial Arts magazines across the globe.
- Contributing author of Torite Jutsu Reference Manual published by Dragon Society International.
- Direct student of Grand Master Allen Wheeler, 10th DAN, Grand Master Rick Moneymaker, 9th DAN, and Grand Master Tom Muncy, 10th DAN.
- Featured In dozens of internationally distributed Pressure Point videos produced by Dragon Society International.
- Featured in advertisements for Dragon Society International with Grand Master Moneymaker in Black Belt Magazine.
- Has provided instruction for local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies including elite members of Police departments, military, and S.W.A.T. Teams.
- Internationally acclaimed seminar instructor for thousands of students of all ranks and from all styles.
- Provides Kyusho Jutsu (Pressure Point) and Torite (Joint Locking) Seminars across the United States and throughout the world.
- Guest instructor for Masters Series Seminars sponsored by Dragon Society International.
- Guest instructor for the Dragon Society International Convention in the United Kingdom.
- Guest instructor for the Educational Funding Company’s (EFC) East Coast Training Convention.
- Former Vice President of the Tennessee Karate Circuit.
- Former nationally ranked fighter and Grand Champion in numerous tournaments across the United States.
- Formerly ranked #1 in Tennessee Karate Circuit in Black Belt Fighting, #2 in Kata/Forms, and #4 in the Nation in Kata in Martial Arts tournaments.
Testimonials for Grandmaster Michael Patrick:
“This is the next generation of Dragon Society International…the next level coming…Master Patrick has done an excellent job incorporating the Torite (Pressure Point) sciences into his understanding of all Martial Arts systems and provides excellent instruction to students of all styles and ranks. From my extensive travels I have found that less than 2% of the Black Belts in the world can instruct at his level…Master Michael Patrick lays to rest any questions as to why pressure points work. His extensive research and analysis will certainly convince even the most adamant naysayers in the martial arts world. His work shows beyond a shadow of doubt that the techniques of old were based upon a proven science and that they were duplicatable if one takes the time to research and expends the effort to practice this ancient art.”
Grandmaster Rick Moneymaker
“I believe that any martial artist can study [his] information and gain useful insights to make their art more effective.”
Grandmaster Tom Muncy
“[Master Patrick possesses] super secret fighting knowledge…that would only be imparted to a select few…The techniques and methods described…are things that will make any martial arts practitioner a lethal fighting machine.”
Sigung Rich Mooney
“The extent of the research that Mike has put into [his] work is evident to any who have been involved in these areas of study for any length of time.”
“Master Michael Patrick has once again shown that he has an incredible in-depth knowledge of the points, but not only that, he is able to teach this information in such a way that all levels of skill will benefit. A true mark of excellence.”
Master Steve Burton
“Master Michael Patrick…has raised the bar and set the American martial arts frontier ablaze … [he] does an exceptional job of conveying the complexities of combative science to enhance your martial skills by introducing to the public an ingenious method of technique analysis and application developed by the Dragon Society International called ‘Players to the Game.’ ”
Master Alex Ormaza
“Your ‘Players to the Game DVD Volume One’ is one of the most comprehensive recorded documents of ‘The Players’ to date.”
“[Master Patrick] is the guy when it comes down to being able to teach concisely and accurately…The trouble with other teachers (nice blokes and great martial artists I should add) is that teaching the arts is a skill in its own right and some of these people just don’t have the skills well enough developed to teach and maybe in some cases don’t want to reveal ‘secrets’ fully…Mike is a great instructor – in person I bet he’d be awesome – he understands the necessity for both large picture and small detail and can convey it excellently. All of the questions I’ve asked others were answered by Mike…”
Joe began his training in 1974 and holds ranks in Kempo. Torite and TaeKwonDo. He has cross trained in Hosin-ryu, Shito-ryu, Modern Arnis, Kodenkan Danzan Ryu Jujitsu, Small Circle Jujitsu, Shiatsu, Taiji and Qigong.
He opened the Aldridge Karate Institute in 1985 and it is currently on of the oldest continually operating martial arts schools in central Virginia.
Ranks & Certifications:
- 1st Dan TaeKwonDo
- 8th Dan Okinawan Kempo
- 8th Dan Torite-jutsu
- Professor Certified Instructor, Torite-jutsu
- Certified in Okazaki Restoration Therapy
- Certified NRA Firearms Instructor
Sifu Gage started his Gung-Fu Training in 1980 as a closed door student of Sifu Sin Cow in Oregon. After a long period of “old school”, often brutal training; Master Gage started his career as an international entertainer. While performing and traveling abroad, he never stopped studying martial arts. When he was performing in Okinawa, Japan, he met and shared information with a group of White Crane martial artists. He was invited to go to their dojo secretly after hours, as no foreigners were allowed, and allowed to train with them. Before leaving the island, they presented him with a black belt and a set of nun chucks.
Upon returning to USA, he continued to seek training and knowledge., which was difficult as his unique training made him appealing to schools who wanted him to teach. It was while performing in Las Vegas that he found a school teaching Tibetan Lama Gung-Fu, as well as JKD and the internal arts. He spent the next several years training and eventually teaching at the academy. He then began his training at another school where he studied Northern, and Southern Shaolin Gung-Fu, Taiji Quan, and Bagua, and Hsing Yi. During this time Master Gage still traveled as a performer all the while sharing his skills and learning more in Asia, Europe as well as in the Caribbean.
Then Master Gage’s life went a different direction. He joined the US Navy where he became a Naval Police Officer. During this time he spent many hours training his fellow Harbor Police comrades. He then transferred to the fighting Sea Bee’s as an SMI. Master Gage has never stopped his pursuit of learning. He has continued to expand his knowledge by studying Bruce Lee’s JKD, and Contemporary JKD under Sifu Paul Vunak; teacher to Seal Team Six . Master Gage also holds the master rank of Shihan in an advanced martial science with the Dragon Society International under Rick Moneymaker, and Michael Patrick.
Master Gage currently resides in Florida where he presides over Xtreme Shaolin and the Tai Chi Academy. Master Gage oversees the curriculum of the successful children’s programs Kick-N-Flip (martial arts combined with gymnastics) and Shaolin Kidz that his wife and assistant instructors run. In addition, he is the head instructor of the adult kung-fu programs that include traditional Shaolin Kung-Fu, JKD, internal arts and Advanced Martial Science
Currently Master Gage is sharing his unique knowledge of “Pressure Point Striking” and “Five Elements Theory” by teaching seminars around the U.S. As well as distance learning programs in locations such as the UK, New Zealand, and the Netherlands.
“If your primary interest is tournament skill, I’d advise you to seek training elsewhere. As my teachers before me, I teach both the ancient and progressive combat arts. The art of survival is not a sport! If your desire is to improve yourself and society as a whole, then we welcome you! Just as a rose would only prick those who would steal its beauty, we learn to destroy so that we may preserve.”
Master Gage is one of the most knowledgeable martial arts instructors I have ever trained with. He is incredibly talented, passionate and caring; someone who I am proud and humbled to call my friend and teacher.
Center Axis System, American Kenpo,
Skeletal and Nerve Destruction & Manipulation
2011 State of Tennessee Instructor Center Axis Relock
Level 1 Certification American Warrior International Close Quarter
Confrontation Conference 2010 Law Enforcement Defensive Tactics Instructor (Pressure Points, Anatomical targets, Weakness of the body)
Kyusho Jitsu, Erwin, TN
World Black Belt Bureau Member
Double Dragon Dojo, Johnson City, TN (Style – Isshin – Ryu)
Eastern Kenpo Karate Society, GA. (Style – American Kenpo)
East Tennessee School of Tae Kwon Do, Kingsport, TN (Styles – Tae Kwon DO/KEMPO)
HAWKINS COUNTY SHERIFF DEPUTY SHERIFF
Chief Instructor, 2008-Present Concealed Carry Instructor
Advanced Lead Instructor AWI Instructor ILEETA MEMBER
Sullivan County Sheriff’s Department
Kingsport City Police Department
Certified Assistant Instructor from Jim Alley 2008
Kang Rhee – 2007
Awarded Shodan by Dixie Webb in 2007
Awarded Nidan by Prof. Brint Berry in 1999
Awarded Sandan in 2003, Nidan in 1997, and Shodan in 1993
- CENTER AXIS RELOCK COMBATIVE SHOOTING SYSTEM
- American Kenpo
- Kyusho Jitsu
- Isshin Ryu
- Tae Kwon DO
- Okinawan KEMPO
- American Warrior International Instructor
- World Black Belt Bureau Member
Ranks & Certifications:
- 4th Degree Black Belt Torite Jutsu
- Certified Assistant Instructor Torite Jutsu
- MASTER LEVEL INSTRUCTOR – CENTER AXIS RELOCK
- 4th degree Black Belt American Kenpo
- 3rd degree Black Belt Tae Kwon DO /Okinawan Kempo
- 1st Degree Black Belt Isshin Ryu
Awards & Recognition:
- 2012 Hall of Heroes Inductee – Los Angeles, CA.
- 2012 4th Degree Black Belt in American Kenpo – Prof. Steve Spry
- 2011 American Police Hall of Fame Guest Instructor – Titusville, FL (C.A.R. Certification)
- 2010 Center Axis Relock Advanced Instructor – Nashville, TN
- 2009 Center Axis Relock Basic Instructor – Nashville, TN
- 2008-2010 Kyusho Jitsu Summit – Dallas, NC
- .2010-2011 DNA of KENPO Seminars – Lantana, Fl.
- 2009-2011 Chinese Karate Federation Instructors Camp
- 2006–Present Kyusho Jitsu Instructor Seminars Erwin , TN
- 2006 Troy Price Jujitsu Seminar – Johnson City, TN
- 2000 – 2002 George Dillman Seminars Nashville, TN
- 2000 Rape Aggression Defense Instructor Training – Knoxville, TN
- 2000 – 2003 RAD Instructor for East Tennessee State University and Sexual Assault Response Center – Johnson City ,TN
- 2001 World Martial Arts Hall of Fame as “Man of the Year
- ”1992 United Fighting Arts federation Seminar – Ripley, WV
- 1991 -1993 Karate College at Radford University – Radford, VA
I started my Martial Arts Training in Greeneville, Tennessee approximately 33 years ago in the Isshin-Ryu style, which is an Okinawan style, at the early age of 38 years old and still training at the age of 72.
I was promoted to 1st. degree black belt in 1989 by Erwin Mathes.
In 1992 I started my own school called Greeneville Isshin-ryu Academy and became a member of the IIKA International Isshin- ryu Karate Association. The school eventually closed like so many do for different reasons.
Around 1995 I had the good fortune to meet and continue my training with Master Mike Patrick who had a school in the same town.
In 1998 while training with Master Patrick I heard about Grand Master Rick Moneymaker, who was going to have a seminar on pressure points. Now that sounded very interesting. The seminar was being held in Powell Tennessee outside of Knoxville at Master Allen Wheeler’s Isshin-Ryu Dojo. That’s where I met Master Wheeler and became a lifetime member in the OKU.
When I saw Master Moneymaker use the pressure points and drop people to the floor with very little effort blew me away.
Master Moneymaker revealed to us the secrets of martial arts that had not been taught to the average practitioner. I became a white belt again.
My Sensei, Master Patrick, became very knowledgeable in the science of pressure points and how good that was for me to be able to train with someone like him with that knowledge. A Master and Certified Instructor in The Dragon Society in the dojo!
Years of training under the guidance and patience of Master Patrick paid off. I could not have done it without you my Friend and Sensei.
Thank You Sensei Master Mike Patrick.
On October 15 2012 I was promoted to 4th Degree Black Belt and Assistant Instructor in the Dragon Society by Grand Master Rick Moneymaker and Grand Master Tom Muncy.
I am proud to belong to such an elite group of instructors and the Dragon Society International Organization who are on the cutting edge in the Martial Arts World.
Thank you Grand Masters Rick Moneymaker and Tom Muncy
REMEMBER YOU NEVER GET TOO OLD TO LEARN!
Dragon Society International
Lifetime member Okinawa Karate Union
1992 Master Harold Long
1993 Bill ”Superfoot” Wallace
1998 Terry Hill World Champion Muay Thai kick boxer
1998 Master Dennis Brown Shaolin WuShu Tai Chi Chuan
1998 I started attending Dragon Society Seminars and continue to do so
2004 Martial Arts Discovery with Master Mike Patrick, Master Frank Annese, Alex Ormaza and Troy Price
2010 Police Survival and Defense with Carl D. Wilcox PHD and others
2011 Police Survival and Defense with Grand Master Rick Moneymaker
2014 train with reserve police officers
Ranks & Certifications:
- 4th Degree Black Belt Torite Jutsu
- Certified Instructor Torite Jutsu
- 6th. Degree Black Belt in Isshin-Ryu Karate
- Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan
- Combatix Defensive Tactics Specialist- Level 1 Brown Belt
Hanshi Larry Isaac is the proud owner as well as Master Instructor of LIMAC. He is a retired US Marine Seargeant, that served honorably for over 23 years. He has gained reknown throughout the world as one of the foremost Martial Arts instructors and historians.
Hanshi Isaac first put on his gi over 50 years ago and advanced to his black belt in 1968. He trained and studied with FOUR of Okinawa’s Great Grandmasters: Sensei Shimabukuro Eizo, Grandmaster Kise Fusei, Grandmaster Odo Seikichi and Grandmaster Nitta Seifuku.
Wayne began his training and recieved black belts in the arts of Black cat Kempo and Taekwondo moo duk kwan. He continued his training in small circle jujitsu, modern arnis stick fighting and Torite-Jutsu.
After meeting Tom and Rick at a number of seminars he changed his styles over to Okinawan Kempo and Torite-Jutsu.
Wayne also competed and won the Virginia state championships three years in a row. After opening his school in South Boston Virginia in 1993 he has branched out and opened Adams Total fitness and has added certification in fitness and nutrition as well. Waynes goals for the future art to better people in the Martial arts as well as their physical lives.
TITLES & APPOINTMENTS
• Deputy Secretary Gerneral of Marketing, US Taekwondo Committee 2018
• Technical Advisory Board, Kukkiwon, Korea 2017-2018
• Master of the Year 2012
• School of the Year 2011
• Decree Kukkiwon
• Advisory Board Kukkiwon
• Taekwondo U.S. Ambassador to Korea – Olympic 2000 Sydney Games Rules and Regulations Committee World Leaders Seminar, Kukkiwon
• Graduate – Kukkiwon Taekwondo Instructor’s Academy
• Black Belt of the Year ‘92 by U.S. Taekwondo Ji Do Kwan Association
• Taekwondo, Hapkido Instructor Dong Yang Doejahng, Korea
• 40 Under 40 Business Leaders Hall of Fame 2004
• Young Entrepreneurs’ Organization (YEO)
• Martial Arts Professional MAgazine Cover 2006
• Co-Director Taekwondo events at 2008 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic
• Taekwondo Times cover March 2008
• sHERO award, Skirt Magazine Sept 2009
• Taekwondo Times cover March 2010
• MA Success Magazine cover October 2005
• MA Success Magazine cover April 2012
• Inducted into Martial Arts Hall of Honors 2011
• Goodwill Ambassador to Martial Arts 2012-2016
• Inducted into Martial Arts Hall of Fame 2012
• Inducted into Karate Hall of Fame 2013
• Cover Martial Science 2016
• Cover MA Encyclopedia
• Cover/Feature Story MA Success January 2018
• Distinguished Renowned Martial Artist Award, Action Martial Arts Magazine Hall of Honors 2018
• Hall of Honors, Samuel Kwok Wing Chun Martial Arts Association, Spain 2018
• Founder of White Tiger Community Cares Foundation benefiting At-Risk Youth, working with the local Police Department toward youth gang avoidance and The Anti-Bully Campaign
• Recipient “Community Service Award” Cary Chamber of Commerce
• Organizing Committee for the White Tiger 5K fun run for charity, Bond Park
PROFESSIONAL MARTIAL ARTS WORK EXPERIENCE
• Columnist, Taekwondo Times Magazine “East Meets West”
• Columnist, Taekwondo Times Magazine “Business Section”
• Developer White Tiger MD -Management Development, mentorship service for Martial Arts schools
• Bodyguard, Senator Dodd, Governor Hunt
• Actor in two episodes of Zen beauty: Syndicated TV Series
• Product Model, Tiger Claw
• Korean Tigers Professional Demonstration Team (only Non-Asian member of team) Lived in Korea from ‘94-’96
• Former co-owner/ Manager /Senior Instructor Tiger Chung’s Total Fitness Center
Ray Fisher (1961-Present) began his training in the martial arts in February 1977 in the internal styles of Taoist and Tibetan Chi Kung. He began his external martial arts training in February 1982 in Chinese Kenpo at TRACO International Schools of Self-Defense under the tutelage of Peter Hill and the direction of Grandmaster Tomas Connor. In addition to Kenpo, Professor Fisher’s training also included boxing and kickboxing under Tomas Connor II.
Due to the unfortunate and untimely passing of Grandmaster Connor in 1989, Professor Fisher continued his training under the direction of Master Connor’s son –Tomas Connor, Jr. On June 28, 1990, Professor Fisher was promoted to Shodan (1st degree black belt) in Chinese Kenpo by a panel of Grandmaster Connor’s senior students including Tom Connor Jr., Mr. Bill Packer (American Kenpo Karate Academies), Peter Hill and Steve Hansen.
Apart from the styles taught at TRACO International Schools of Self-Defense, Professor Fisher also trained in Aikido under Sensei John Takeji while a student at ASU. In addition to these arts, he has also studied Tai Chi Chuan, Danzan Ryu Jujitsu, Hsing-I Ch’uan, Kajukenbo and Kyusho Jitsu Okinawan Kempo.
He currently holds the rank of Rokudan (6th degree black belt) in Kenpo Jujitsu (American Jujitsu Institute), Rokudan (6th degree black belt) in Chinese Kenpo (Five Fingered Fist Society), Godan (5th degree black belt) in Kyusho Jitsu Okinawan Kempo (Dragon Society International) under Grandmasters Rick Moneymaker and Tom Muncy, Shichidan (7th degree black belt) in the Goju-Shorei Weapons Systems under Grandmaster Dave McNeill, and Shodan (1st degree black belt) in United States Kajukenbo Association under Richard Hurtado.
Professor Ray Fisher was the first person to be awarded a black belt in the Goju Shorei Weapons Systems (as a long distance student) outside of Grandmaster Dave McNeill’s home dojo in Nevada. He was then granted the honor of being the first instructor (outside of Grandmaster McNeill’s dojo) who could test and promote students in the Goju-Shorei Weapons System.
In April 1992, he was recommended by two of his instructors (Richard Hurtado and Ben Lomeli) to attend a closed black belt seminar in Hsing-I Ch’uan and Kajukenbo hosted by Dr. Vincent Black. At that time, Professor Fisher was tested and awarded the rank of Shodan (1st degree black belt) by the United States Kajukenbo Association. His testing panel included Adriano Emperado and Joseph Holke, two of the founding members of Kajukenbo.
Professor Fisher was introduced to the principles of Kyusho Jitsu in July 1990 at a seminar that featured Master Charlie Dean of Silsbee, Texas. He immediately recognized the value of this knowledge and saw that it was a missing answer to many of the questions he had in the martial arts. Kyusho Jitsu was THE link that would connect his various studies and gave him a deeper understanding of the martial arts.
Under the tutelage of Grand Masters Rick Moneymaker and Tom Muncy, Professor Fisher was able to blend together the various aspects of his training with an emphasis towards the hidden art of Tuite. He was awarded Shodan (1st degree black belt) from the To-Ri Karate Institute on February 22, 1992. On February 5, 1994, he was promoted to Sandan (3rd degree black belt) in Kyusho Jitsu from “The Masters” (Grand Masters George Dillman, Wally Jay, Remy Presas, Rick Moneymaker and Tom Muncy) in Houston, Texas at a national seminar.
Today, Professor Fisher is the head of Arizona Ch’uan Fa Society, which is located in Chandler, Arizona. For the past 34 years, Professor Fisher has been an extremely active member within the martial arts community. He has taught martial arts at grade schools, middle schools, high schools and colleges in the greater Phoenix area. Seven of his students have won National Champion titles in Kumite (sparring), Kata (forms) and Kubudo (weaponry). His students have also captured over 75 state championships. Professor Fisher was an avid tournament competitor for many years and has won numerous grand championships. He also is a two-time Arizona State Champion in Kata and Kubudo.
- Taoist and Tibetan Style Chi Kung
- Chinese Kenpo
- American Kenpo
- Okinawan Kempo
- Kenpo Jujitsu
- Iron Body Qi Gong
- Torite Jutsu
- Kyusho Jitsu
- Tai Qi Ch’uan
- Hsing – I Chuan
- White Crane Kung Fu
- Kick-Boxing (World Kickboxing Association)
- Western Boxing
Ranks & Certifications:
- 7th Degree Black Belt (Goju- Shorei Weapons System)
- 6th Degree Black Belt (Five Finger Fist Society)
- 6th Degree Black Belt (American Jujitsu Institute)
- 5th Degree Black Belt (Dragon Society International)
- 5th Degree Black Belt (United States Karate Alliance)
- 3rd Degree Black Belt (Dillman Karate International)
- 1st Degree Black Belt (United States Kajukenbo Association)
Awards & Recognition:
- Certified – Touch For Health energy balancing – Level III
- Certified – Seifukujutsu – Level II
- Certified – Reiki Practitioner – Level II
- Certified – Instructor / Seifukujutsu (Hihon Kaifuku Amma) – Level I
- Professor Fisher was the first person ever granted a Seifukujutsu teaching license by the American Jujitsu Institute (prior to receiving their Level III practitioner’s license). His teacher, Professor Ken Eddy, requested and was granted special permission by the A.J.I. Board of Directors to award this honor in June of 2001.
- Elected to Who’s Who in America – 1996
- Co-Authored the Torite Jutsu Reference Manual – 1997
- Elected to World Martial Arts Hall of Fame – 1999
- Elected to United States Martial Arts Hall of Fame – 2003
- Co-Authored “The Edge – Teaching of a Karate Master” – 2013
- Youngest graduate in the world (at that time) of the Evelyn Woods Speed Reading Course -1974
- B.S. in Geography at Arizona State University – 1985
- Adjunct Professor at Southwest College of Naturopathic Healing Arts 1996-1998
- Adjunct Professor at Mesa Community College (2005 to present)
Testimonials for Grandmaster Ray Fisher:
“I have had the great privilege of training with Master Ray Fisher for approximately the past twelve years. Master Fisher’s students are all exceptionally fortunate to have the good fortune of training and receiving his wealth of knowledge to facilitate one’s ability to be the best martial artist they can be.
Master Fisher possesses a level of passion for the arts that is unparalleled! His manner of imparting knowledge makes learning, practicing and further imparting that learned knowledge to others a joy as his love for the arts is infectious!
As an atypical student in the arts, I began my journey, perhaps, much later in life than many students and I attribute my ability to have come so far a tribute to my teacher, Master Fisher. For without his guidance, patience, and absolute love for the arts, most likely I would never have been able to achieve as much as I have at this point in life.
In summation, all of Master Fisher’s students are truly blessed to be so fortunate to be in the company of such a extraordinary man.”
Mr. Jim Tulin – 12/31/2010
“Ray Fisher’s 33 year professional martial arts career is a shining example of what the arts are about. Ray’s cross training has rewarded him with Black Belts, awards, and knowledge from several disciplines. He has been able to pass on this deep understanding to his students resulting in many state and national champions, which epitomizes what a martial arts teacher aspires to accomplish. We are proud to have him as one of our Certified Instructors and look forward to spending many more years with him on our studies.”
Grandmaster of Dragon Society International
“I have known Ray Fisher for over twenty years and have received instruction in Kenpo karate, Goju-Shorei weapons, tai chi and Seifukijitsu from him. I have found that his dedication and enthusiasm for the martial arts is as unwavering as his genuine desire to help others in becoming better practitioners. His knowledge of meridians and acupressure points is integrated into all styles that he teaches — hands on, and with teaching aids. I am both grateful and honored to be able to call Professor Fisher, both my instructor and my friend.”
“Ray Fisher’s thirty plus years of experience in the martial arts as a full time teacher and school owner/operator really speaks for itself. Ray has always considered himself a student as well as a teacher. He is open minded about martial arts and has elevated himself in several empty hand arts as well as weapon arts. He has received numerous honors and awards for his dedication to the practice and teaching of his art and has been an asset to the Dragon Society International organization since its inception. It has been a pleasure to work with such a dedicated student of martial arts.”
Prof. Tom Muncy, Grandmaster
Dragon Society International
“I have had the pleasure and honor of knowing Ray Fisher for over 2 decades. During that time, I have found him to be a martial artist driven for knowledge and an instructor that strives to serve his students. I have watched Ray overcome personal tragedies and challenges that would have defeated lesser martial artists.
Mr. Fisher’s knowledge of the art and service to others is why I give my endorsement to him. His addition to your organization will add further credit to you and your work. If you have any questions or, if I may be of further service, please do not hesitate to contact me.”
American Institute of Kenpo
9431 East 22nd St. #161
Tucson, AZ 85710
(W) (520) 298-9805
“Master Ray Fisher has been a long time student of Goju-Shorei Weapons and a long time friend. He is also the highest ranked active member of Goju-Shorei Weapons System.
Master Fisher’s commitment to Goju-Shorei Weapons System, and to his students, have set a high mark for the many schools in the System. Master Fisher is the person I turn to for editing of the written curriculum of our system and his eye for details is much appreciated.
Any student advancement under Master Fisher you can be assured was earned. His tests are hard, comprehensive and fair, and he asks no less of himself.
Dedication and High Standards are the hallmarks of Master Ray Fisher.”
Soke, Goju-Shorei Systems
“I recommend Ray Fisher as the Kenpo master that he is. He has high quality expectations of his students; which is reasonable as he maintains high quality in his own performance. He can expect accuracy in kata and techniques because he maintains the accuracy in his own demonstration. When he pushes his students athletically, it is reasonable because he maintains the athleticism himself.
He cares more about the maintenance of quality in student training than in just making money, which is evidenced in his absence of testing fees. He cares about both the art (as well as the martial aspects) in the system in addition to caring about the students. In all matters, he is an excellent example of a martial arts master.”
“To the Directors and Members of the illustrious Dragon Society,
This letter is to endorse my friend, student and fellow martial artist, Sensei Ray Fisher. I have known Sensei Fisher for over 16 years and have related to him through the martial arts as well as on a personal level.
Sensei Fisher is a man of true integrity and has demonstrated many times his respect for all people. He has compassion for all and a commitment to high moral standards; he maintains the ideals that strengthen and support the martial arts and the community. He has done all of this as he raised a family by himself (a difficult task for any single parent).
Ray trains very hard and strives for perfection in all of his endeavors.
Sensei Fisher is an excellent student and is a friend that can always be counted on in times of distress.
I consider Sensei Fisher to be an excellent representative for the martial arts community and an asset to any group or community in which he participates.”
Prof. Kenneth Eddy, AJI
“Master Ray Fisher has been an extraordinary influence on my life. I first met Master Fisher in 1992 when I walked into ACS Karate. At the time, I knew very little of what to expect but he sat me down and went over my goals and how he would be able to help me attain them. About 6 months later, Master Fisher sat me down for a talk that I will never forget. To paraphrase, it went something like this: “Mr. Gale you have talent but are not taking your training seriously. If you decide to continue with ACS, I will train you personally but you need to re-commit yourself. If you do not want to continue, I will rip up your contract right here on the spot.”
I guess that’s exactly what I needed to hear. 18 years later I am grateful that he took the time to even give me the opportunity. Master Fisher has changed my life. One of the most important lessons I learned from Master Fisher is to take what the Martial Arts has taught me and apply it to everyday life. There is not a day that goes by that I do not apply some principle or strategy that was taught to me.
I am extremely thankful that he is in my life and I have seen hundreds of students changed for the better by Master Fisher. Now that I have been training for this length of time and have been introduced to the world of Martial Arts, I now realize what a true Martial Artist Master Fisher is. He continues to amaze me with his knowledge and his drive to continue to learn and better himself, both externally and internally. Master Fisher is an amazing man and I want to Thank you Sir… from the bottom of my heart for putting me on the right path and making sure I stuck to it.”
Nova Home Loans
Senior Loan Officer
Phil Peplinski proudly served 8 years with the US Air Force. His duties there included Law Enforcement and Criminal Investigation, Autopsy, Accident Investigation, and In-Flight Photography. His more than 25 years of martial arts, tactical weapons, and defensive tactics training is extensive. He worked Emergency Room Security with Tampa General Hospital where he took control of prisoners for medical clearance, controlled psychiatric patients, and maintained a secure environment in the Level 1 Trauma Center. He has since provided training in tactical weapons and defensive tactics, instructed a SWAT unit, and nightclub security (including the largest night club in Tampa). Phil Peplinski is a Certified Abduction Prevention Instructor and was a presenter at the Central Florida Tactical Conference 2010, 2011, 2012. He is the owner and Head Instructor of US Taekwondo Hapkido in Seffner, FL and is the Chief Combatives Instructional Officer with Marshall Protection & Investigation/Marshall Services. Phil Peplinski holds black belts in Taekwondo, Hapkido, and Torite-jutsu, In fact, his school boasts the largest concentration of Torite-jutsu black belts in the country. Phil Peplinski is on the Board of Directors of the American Hapkido Federation, is the recipient of the 2006 World Head of Family Sokeship Council Black Belt Hall of Fame Instructor of the Year Award, the 2010 WHOFSC Black Belt Hall of Fame Outstanding Contributions to the Martial Arts Award, and is a Featured Dragon Society International Certified Instructor. Master Phil is the Korean Arts, Tactical Combatives, and Advanced Pressure-Point Theory and Application Advisor for The Willow-Oak Martialist Academy. In 2014 became a certified NRA pistol instructor. Phil Peplinski is also the founder and creator of Practical Hapkido and is recognized by the WHOFSC as such.
- Tactical weapons and defensive tactics training.
- Private security Specialist for Tampa General Hospital
- Black Belts in: Tae Kwon Do, Hapkido and Torite Jutsu
- Board of Directors American Hapkido Federation
- World Head Of Family Sokeship Council “Instructor of the Year”
- World Head Of Family Sokeship Council “2010 Outstanding Contributions to the Martial Arts Award.”
- Law Enforcement Defensive Tactics Instructor
- Weapons and Hand to Hand Tactics Instructor
- Private Security Hand to Hand Instructor
- Kid Safe Network “Certified Abduction Prevention Instructor.
- 15 years extensive study of street level confrontations
- Founder and creator of Practical Hapkido
Ranks & Certifications:
- 9th Dan Practical Hapkido
- 6th Dan Taekwondo
- 4th Dan Torite Jutsu
- Certified School Attacker Response Course instructor
- Certified Abduction Prevention instructor
- Certified NRA pistol instructor
Sensei Ciraco has developed a specialized program for children 4 to 6 years of age. He teaches “Bully Busters and Stranger Danger” along with basic skills to help the children mainstream into the traditional program. Sequential memory, balance, focus, courtesy and respect are the main goals of this program.
Sensei Ciraco’s varied program and range of knowledge teaches material from a few different styles of Okinawan karate. Goju-ryu Shorei-kan, Matsurmura Shorin-Ryu, and Hakutsuru White Crane. Through this structured program students are taught to channel aggression and to focus their energy along with learning important life skills. Children with learning disabilities concentrate better and drills that enhance their performance help to replace shyness with assertiveness. All of this helps to make positive attitudes that show up at school and at home.
Sensei Ciraco has dedicated himself to help preserve the ancient arts of Okinawa. He teaches and trains full time.
Ranks & Certifications:
- 8th Dan Okinawan Kempo Dragon Society International
- 7th Dan Okinawan Konanryu Kohokan Kyokai Organization
- 5th Dan in Torite Jutsu Dragon Society International
- Certified Instructor in Torite Jutsu Dragon Society International
- 3rd Dan in Yamanni Ryu Kubodo
- 2nd Dan in Shorei Kan Goju-ryu
Awards & Recognition:
- Michael Ciraco was awarded an 8th Dan in Okinawan Kempo and a fully certified international instructor by the Dragon Society International 2014
- He was awarded the rank of 7th Dan and title of Kyoshi by the Okinwan Konankyu Kohokan on January 1st 2009.
- Michael Ciraco is a Master Teacher (4th Dan) for the Dragon Society International.(December 2011)
- He was awarded a Shihan grade teachers license by the Universal Martial Arts Association in April 2011.
- Shihan Ciraco is also a 3rd Dan in Yamane Ryu Kobudo.
- Shihan Ciraco trained with Kyoshi Chuck Chandler for 12 years learning many White Crane karate katas and Matsumura Seito Shorin-Ryu Karate.
- He also holds the rank of 2nd Dan Shorei-Kan Goju-Ryu 1996
- 2009 Inductee Universal Martial Arts Hall of Fame.
- Regional Instructor of the Year. His dojo has been the winner Best Martial Arts on the Grand Strand WMBF News many times.
- 2009 Superior Leadership International Shurite Yudansha-Kai
- 2008 Sensei of Merit International Shurite Yundansha-Kai
- 2007 Professional Martial Artist Shurite Yundansha-Kai
- 2005 Renshi grade teachers license Okinawan Konanryu Kohokan.
- USANKF Official Referee and Judge, AAU Successful Coaching Principals 1999.
- CPR and First Aid American Heart Association.
- 1974 Ex Captain and Engineer Village of Mamaroneck Fire Department.
- Shihan Ciraco is a retired engineer of the Murrells Inlet Garden City Fire Department.
- Shihan Ciraco has been teaching on the Grand Strand since
- 1992 and began his martial arts career in 1986. He and his black belts continue to teach stranger danger and bully buster programs for the Horry County School System Shihan Ciraco has produced many high caliber Black Belt instructors who help to teach classes under his direct supervision.
- Shihan Ciraco and his students have won more than 25 National and World Championships in numerous traditional karate tournaments.
Ciraco’s Dojo is a member of the USA/NKF. His students have also competed in the AAU and the World Okinawan Championships. The competitors have been extremely successful winning over 20 National and World Titles.
Ranks & Certifications:
Korean Martial Arts:
- Taekwondo- Fifth (5th) Degree Black Belt, Korea Taekwondo Moo Duk Kwan and Kukkiwon World Taekwondo Federation Headquarters. Awarded October 1999. (1st Dan awarded 1981)
- Hapkido-Second (2nd) Degree Black Belt, United States Korean Martial Arts Federation under Grandmaster J.R. West. Awarded August 1997.
- Additional experience in Hanmudo (a Hapkido/Kuk Sool Won hybrid under Doju He-Young Kimm) and Hapkido under Doju Ji Han Jae (seminar basis, no formal rank issued)
Japanese/Okinawan Martial Arts:
- Judo/Jujitsu- Sixth (6th) Degree Black Belt, United States Martial Arts Association under O-Sensei Phil Porter (deceased). Awarded June 2010.
- Torite-Jitsu- Fourth (4th) Degree Black Belt and Certified Instructor, Dragon Society International under Grandmasters Tom Muncy and Rick Moneymaker. Awarded November 2007.
- Shuri-Te Jujitsu- First (1st) Degree Black Belt Shuri-Te Bujitsu Kai under Kyoshi Troy Price. Awarded April 2011.
- Additional experience in Small Circle Jujitsu under Professor Wally Jay and Kyusho-Jitsu/Tuite under Grandmaster George Dillman (seminar basis, no formal rank issued).
Filipino Martial Arts:
- Kali- Certified Instructor Level 3, Filipino Combat Systems (FCS) under Tuhon Ray Dionaldo. Current Atlanta area representative for FCS.
- Modern Arnis- Apprentice Instructor Certificate awarded by Professor Remy Presas August 1995
- Additional experience in Kali and JKD under Mr. Ron Balicki (seminar basis, no formal rank issued)
- Additional informal training in Knife Tactics with persons wishing to remain private (details available upon request and permission from my teacher).
Awards & Recognition:
- Former Martial Arts Instructor at Georgia State University
- Former Martial Arts Instructor (assistant) Georgia National Guard
- Bagua and Hsing-I under Allen Pittman (not currently active)
- Master Instructor of the Year-World Martial Arts Hall of Fame-2000
- Master Instructor of the Year-USMA Hall of Fame-2000
MAP / LOCATION
Book Your Room Now!
Ocean-front rooms from $52 and up! We negotiated to get them to also waive the resort fee and the parking fee. In addition, you will receive a $10 meal ticket for the Lock Gecko and a $10 game ticket for the arcade.
Together with the discounted room rates, this is a major savings over the rates others are paying for the room right next to you!
You may book your room by calling 844-827-2434 and using group code 524956. Our Group Name is "Dragon Society October".
Or, simply click the button below and enter the group code "524956" to book online!
BUY YOUR TICKETS
Reserve Your Spot!
All of this for the bargain steal of only $175 for the whole weekend. We just ask for a $50 deposit to hold your spot with the remaining $125 due in cash at the door. Nowhere can you get this level of training for so little investment.
Pre-registration discounts only valid until October 1, 2020.
But, beware, if you wait until the day of the event, it will be $200 at the door.
NEWS & UPDATES
SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
<!– [sponsors images=”yes” description=”no” max=”99″ title=”no” category=”dsi-live” size=”large” style=”grid”] –>
We are a friendly bunch!
Questions? Get in touch. We want to help!