Wayne began his training and recieved black belts in the arts of Black cat Kempo and Taekwondo moo duk kwan. He continued his training in small circle jujitsu, modern arnis stick fighting and Torite-Jutsu.
After meeting Tom and Rick at a number of seminars he changed his styles over to Okinawan Kempo and Torite-Jutsu.
Wayne also competed and won the Virginia state championships three years in a row. After opening his school in South Boston Virginia in 1993 he has branched out and opened Adams Total fitness and has added certification in fitness and nutrition as well. Waynes goals for the future art to better people in the Martial arts as well as their physical lives.
- Advanced studies in Modern Arnis
Ranks & Certifications:
- 7th Dan – Torite Jutsu
- 7th Dan - Okinawan Kempo
- 4th Dan – Tae Kwon Do
- DSI Master Instructor
Awards & Recognition:
- Advanced studies in Modern Arnis
- World Martial Arts Hall of Fame - Master Instructor of the Year 2000
- President – Tactical Solutions International
- Special Response Team - Counter Terrorism
Living by his motto “Always a student” Sensei Morales continues to learn and research the Martial Ways; and he is currently studying Renzo Gracie jiu-jitsu and Silat.
As a child, Grandmaster Luis Morales was fascinated with the Martial Arts, spending many hours reading the various Martial Arts publications such as Black Belt Magazine and Karate Illustrated.
His first real exposure to the Martial Arts came when he was only 8 years old. A family friend introduced him to a Ju-jutsu style called Miyama-Ryu. At the age of 12 years old he began his formal training in Martial Arts.
Grandmaster Morales has dedicated his life to the study of Old Ways of Karate and Okinawan Goju-Ryu Karate in particular, and due to his relentless pursuit has a profound knowledge of its Kata and its Bunkai (Applications).
He is highly regarded for his Functional Karate and advanced abilities in the ways of Martial Science, Tuidi-jutsu (Grab Hand Art) and Kyusho-jutsu (Vital points Point Art) that are Sub Arts of Karate.
He has been fortunate to have trained with the world's leading Goju-Ryu's masters. To name a few, Hanshi Gogen Yamaguchi of Japan Goju-kai, he was a senior student of Master Teruo Chinen of Jundokan International, Hanshi Eiichi Miyazato, founder of the Jundokan Dojo.
Grandmaster Morales has been under the tutelage of Grandmaster Tetsuhiro Hokama 10th Dan of Kenshi-kai Okinawan Goju-Ryu and Kobu-jutsu since 1999.
Grandmaster Morales has done seminars along side with many Martial Arts great such as Soke Lil John Davis of Kumite-ryu jujutsu, Professor James Muro of Hawaiian Kenpo and Danzan-ryu jujutsu, Grandmaster Bill McCloud of Urban contemporary jujutsu, and Senior Master Rudy Tuiolosega of Limalama. His hands on approach make his seminar very popular and sought after.
- Goju-Ryu Karate-jutsu
- Bugaku (Martial Science)
Ranks & Certifications:
- North America Chief Instructor for Kenshi-kai Goju-Ryu.
- 9th Dan in Okinawa Goju-Ryu Karate and Kobu-jutsu.
- The highest Ranking Torite Jutsu Instructor in the Northeastern United States.
- Certified GrandMaster rank in Torite-jutsu 7th Dan, 7th Dan in Okinawa Kenpo under Grandmaster Tom Muncy 10th Dan and Grandmaster Rick Moneymaker 9th Dan founders of the Dragon Society International.
Awards & Recognition:
- Awarded 10th by The Hawaii Martial Arts International Society signed by many Kenpo Greats and recognized Grandmaster of The Bugaku Renmei.
- Founder of The Bugaku Renmei (Martial Science Federation).
- Author of The Sub-Arts Guidebook.
- Karate Advisor to usadojo.com.
Testimonials for Grandmaster Luis Morales:
"An honor and a very real pleasure to meet you in Las Vegas. Your seminar on “Pressure Points” was simply the greatest. Wishing you success and health in the years to come."
It has been my distinct pleasure meeting you and having the opportunity of attending your seminars. As we have spoken about recently, Tuidi is exactly what the Karate-Ka needs to know. It obviously forms the basis of the reality of our KATA.
Sensei Jack Kramer and I will be arranging a seminar in the near future along with Sensei Ron Gaeta, our mutual friend of many years."
Sensei Thomas Van Tassel,
Captain, N.J. State Police
P.S. Your web site is super!!!!
Your seminar in Hackensack NJ was great, very interesting and painful, but a lot of fun. Thank you for your willingness to share your knowledge and experience in the "old ways" of karate"
Sensei Doug Fleming
"Dear members of Bugaku Renmei:
I just would like to tell you as you already know that you are fortunate to have such a honorable leader. It was an honor for me to meet him and be able to spend time sharing each other's knowledge. He is truly a person of high integrity and strong moral fiber and it was God's blessing that I met him. His knowledge and skill is genuine and I know he has earned everything he has done. It is not always that you meet a man who truly is genuine in his knowledge of the martial arts and you, as members and students are very fortunate to have him in your life. I am bless to have him in mine now."
God Bless you always,
Senior Master LimaLama
Mike Patrick has a diverse background in both practical reality-based personal defense and Martial Arts.
He began his Martial Arts training in a small dojo (karate school) in East Tennessee. It was so small it was even named "Hole-In-The-Wall Dojo." The training was traditional Isshin-ryu Karate with a heavy focus on basics and kata (forms).
Upon becoming only the second student to earn a Black Belt in the dojo, he began to add to his training with a variety of Martial Arts. Though, never leaving his original focus of Isshin-ryu, he was able to incorporate elements of Modern Arnis knife and stick fighting, kobudo (traditional Okinawan weapons), Tai Chi Chuan, and more, to the Isshin-ryu Karate that he was working so hard to master.
In time, his instructor, Max Jones, recommended that he continue his training with Allen Wheeler who was very involved with adding Pressure Point knowledge to the Isshin-ryu system. As fate would have it, Grand Master Wheeler invited Grand Master Rick Moneymaker to begin teaching a series of Master Series Seminars at his Knoxville dojo. Mr. Patrick attended one of those and was immediately 'hooked' on Torite Jutsu.
After the seminar, Mr. Patrick approached Grand Master Moneymaker and inquired about books and materials to help him learn the art. At the time, the only sources available were Acupuncture books and charts. From these, Mr. Patrick acquired quite a library and invested a lot of his own money to travel and learn from the Dragon Society International. Grand Master Moneymaker agreed to take him on as a long-distance student and through many seminars, phone conversations, letters, and such, Mr. Patrick eventually became proficient in the art of Torite Jutsu.
After a few years, Grand Master Moneymaker invited Mr. Patrick to Texas to a DSI International Convention as a guest instructor. It was at this Convention that Grand Masters Moneymaker and Muncy awarded Mr. Patrick the coveted title of Master and Certified Instructor in the art of Torite Jutsu.
From that time on, Master Patrick has worked tirelessly to enrich as many students as he can reach with the art of Torite Jutsu. He has taught internationally at seminars and conventions, published books, produced videos, and more to get word out to enrich as many people as possible.
Because of his early training within the DSI and the lack of published materials, Master Patrick fully understands the challenges of learning an art such as this and the great cost of collecting the necessary books, travel, and not to mention difficulty of digesting the information. It is this awareness that led him to become one of the first DSI Instructors to publish a range of books and videos on the art. In his videos and seminars, Master Patrick is fond of taking a technique and spending hours explaining and demonstrating the intricacies of the technique in what the DSI calls "Players to the Game."
Participants at his seminars often remark at not only his depth of knowledge, but also his ability to translate complex techniques and principles in a warm, friendly, and often humorous manner which sets all at ease and provides a great environment for learning.
Since that time, Master Patrick went on eventually earn a 6th Degree Black Belt from his instructor Allen Wheeler in the art of Isshin-ryu Karate, earning the title of "Master" in that art.
He has been recognized by both the World Martial Arts Hall of Fame as well as the United Karate Systems of America Hall of Fame for his accomplishments in the Martial Arts and was inducted as "Instructor of the Year."
To continue his passion for protection of others and his desire to give them the ability to defend themselves and their families, he founded a system called Personal Defense Tactics which he has taught to individuals of all ages and abilities. This system eventually evolved into a more robust system through his partnership with Rick Moneymaker. Together, they developed a new system, known as CombatiX™ which is the practical application of their many years of experience in testing what works in real world environments. These techniques have been taught to and studied by individuals from a number of law enforcement agencies and military groups.
What makes his research different is his earnestness in testing what he teaches. In CombatiX™, the motto is "If we don't test it, we don't teach it!" So many Martial Arts instructors take what they are taught for granted without questioning its origins. By testing these techniques, he was able to determine what worked and what didn't. Only those techniques that really work are kept and form the core of CombatiX™.
Moreover, he added Firearms training to his skills. After studying the methods of various instructors, he came to realize that many were not compatible with the affects of Body Alarm Reaction. This lead to the development of the CombatiX™ shooting platform which is integrated with the universal platform, leading to a consistent and cohesive system. Today CombatiX™ is continuing to spread and being met with enthusiastic reception in both the Martial Arts and tactical communities.
His videos and books have gone throughout the world and thousands of students have been enriched by his efforts.
Mike Patrick is available for seminar instruction and is willing to travel anywhere in the world to share his expertise. He would love to speak with you and help you and/or your students or officers to continue your training and take it to a new level.
- The application of the laws of Acupuncture / Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) as they relate to the Martial Arts sciences.
- “Players to the Game” as they are applied to techniques including, waveforms, harmonics, TCM, Body Alarm Reaction (BAR), etc.
- Bunkai (Application) of the Kata, Forms, Poomse, Hyung, etc., regardless of style or system.
Ranks & Certifications:
- Grandmaster of Torite Jutsu Karate.
- Certified Master Instructor in Torite Jutsu by Dragon Society International.
- 7th Degree Black Belt and Certified Instructor in Isshin-ryu Karate.
- 7th Degree Black Belt in Okinawan Kempo presented by Grandmaster Rick Moneymaker (9th Dan) and Tom Muncy (10th Dan).
- 7th Degree Black Belt in Torite Jutsu presented by Grandmaster Rick Moneymaker (9th Dan) and Tom Muncy (10th Dan).
- 7th Degree Black Belt by AKBBA.
- Recognized as a Master in Isshinryu Karate.
Awards & Recognition:
- Over 30 years of experience in the Martial Arts.
- Inducted into the World Martial Arts Hall of Fame as the Instructor of the Year in 1999.
- Inducted into the United Karate Systems of America Hall of Fame.
- International author of a series of instructional DVD’s for Dragon Society International such as Players to the Game Volumes 1 & 2, Waveforms, Enhancement & Retardation, and Torite Joint Locks.
- International author of a series of instructional books for Dragon Society International including Advanced Martial Science Volumes 1 & 2, Foundations of Martial Science, and the Pressure Point Atlas.
- Internationally published author of a number of articles in various Martial Arts magazines across the globe.
- Contributing author of Torite Jutsu Reference Manual published by Dragon Society International.
- Direct student of Grand Master Allen Wheeler, 10th DAN, Grand Master Rick Moneymaker, 9th DAN, and Grand Master Tom Muncy, 10th DAN.
- Featured In dozens of internationally distributed Pressure Point videos produced by Dragon Society International.
- Featured in advertisements for Dragon Society International with Grand Master Moneymaker in Black Belt Magazine.
- Has provided instruction for local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies including elite members of Police departments, military, and S.W.A.T. Teams.
- Internationally acclaimed seminar instructor for thousands of students of all ranks and from all styles.
- Provides Kyusho Jutsu (Pressure Point) and Torite (Joint Locking) Seminars across the United States and throughout the world.
- Guest instructor for Masters Series Seminars sponsored by Dragon Society International.
- Guest instructor for the Dragon Society International Convention in the United Kingdom.
- Guest instructor for the Educational Funding Company's (EFC) East Coast Training Convention.
- Former Vice President of the Tennessee Karate Circuit.
- Former nationally ranked fighter and Grand Champion in numerous tournaments across the United States.
- Formerly ranked #1 in Tennessee Karate Circuit in Black Belt Fighting, #2 in Kata/Forms, and #4 in the Nation in Kata in Martial Arts tournaments.
Testimonials for Grandmaster Michael Patrick:
"This is the next generation of Dragon Society International...the next level coming...Master Patrick has done an excellent job incorporating the Torite (Pressure Point) sciences into his understanding of all Martial Arts systems and provides excellent instruction to students of all styles and ranks. From my extensive travels I have found that less than 2% of the Black Belts in the world can instruct at his level…Master Michael Patrick lays to rest any questions as to why pressure points work. His extensive research and analysis will certainly convince even the most adamant naysayers in the martial arts world. His work shows beyond a shadow of doubt that the techniques of old were based upon a proven science and that they were duplicatable if one takes the time to research and expends the effort to practice this ancient art."
Grandmaster Rick Moneymaker
"I believe that any martial artist can study [his] information and gain useful insights to make their art more effective."
Grandmaster Tom Muncy
"[Master Patrick possesses] super secret fighting knowledge...that would only be imparted to a select few...The techniques and methods described…are things that will make any martial arts practitioner a lethal fighting machine."
Sigung Rich Mooney
"The extent of the research that Mike has put into [his] work is evident to any who have been involved in these areas of study for any length of time."
"Master Michael Patrick has once again shown that he has an incredible in-depth knowledge of the points, but not only that, he is able to teach this information in such a way that all levels of skill will benefit. A true mark of excellence."
Master Steve Burton
"Master Michael Patrick…has raised the bar and set the American martial arts frontier ablaze ... [he] does an exceptional job of conveying the complexities of combative science to enhance your martial skills by introducing to the public an ingenious method of technique analysis and application developed by the Dragon Society International called 'Players to the Game.' "
Master Alex Ormaza
"Your 'Players to the Game DVD Volume One' is one of the most comprehensive recorded documents of 'The Players' to date."
"[Master Patrick] is the guy when it comes down to being able to teach concisely and accurately…The trouble with other teachers (nice blokes and great martial artists I should add) is that teaching the arts is a skill in its own right and some of these people just don't have the skills well enough developed to teach and maybe in some cases don't want to reveal 'secrets' fully…Mike is a great instructor - in person I bet he'd be awesome - he understands the necessity for both large picture and small detail and can convey it excellently. All of the questions I’ve asked others were answered by Mike…"
Ranks & Certifications:
Korean Martial Arts:
- Taekwondo- Fifth (5th) Degree Black Belt, Korea Taekwondo Moo Duk Kwan and Kukkiwon World Taekwondo Federation Headquarters. Awarded October 1999. (1st Dan awarded 1981)
- Hapkido-Second (2nd) Degree Black Belt, United States Korean Martial Arts Federation under Grandmaster J.R. West. Awarded August 1997.
- Additional experience in Hanmudo (a Hapkido/Kuk Sool Won hybrid under Doju He-Young Kimm) and Hapkido under Doju Ji Han Jae (seminar basis, no formal rank issued)
Japanese/Okinawan Martial Arts:
- Judo/Jujitsu- Sixth (6th) Degree Black Belt, United States Martial Arts Association under O-Sensei Phil Porter (deceased). Awarded June 2010.
- Torite-Jitsu- Fourth (4th) Degree Black Belt and Certified Instructor, Dragon Society International under Grandmasters Tom Muncy and Rick Moneymaker. Awarded November 2007.
- Shuri-Te Jujitsu- First (1st) Degree Black Belt Shuri-Te Bujitsu Kai under Kyoshi Troy Price. Awarded April 2011.
- Additional experience in Small Circle Jujitsu under Professor Wally Jay and Kyusho-Jitsu/Tuite under Grandmaster George Dillman (seminar basis, no formal rank issued).
Filipino Martial Arts:
- Kali- Certified Instructor Level 3, Filipino Combat Systems (FCS) under Tuhon Ray Dionaldo. Current Atlanta area representative for FCS.
- Modern Arnis- Apprentice Instructor Certificate awarded by Professor Remy Presas August 1995
- Additional experience in Kali and JKD under Mr. Ron Balicki (seminar basis, no formal rank issued)
- Additional informal training in Knife Tactics with persons wishing to remain private (details available upon request and permission from my teacher).
Awards & Recognition:
- Former Martial Arts Instructor at Georgia State University
- Former Martial Arts Instructor (assistant) Georgia National Guard
- Bagua and Hsing-I under Allen Pittman (not currently active)
- Master Instructor of the Year-World Martial Arts Hall of Fame-2000
- Master Instructor of the Year-USMA Hall of Fame-2000